OptiZinc includes L-methionine and zinc. Zinc methionine exhibits a superior absorption rate compared to many other zinc forms and provides 14mg of elemental zinc per daily intake.
Zinc contributes to the maintenance of normal hair, skin, nails and bones, normal cognitive function, normal fertility and reproduction, maintenance of normal testosterone levels in the blood, normal metabolism of vitamin A. Zinc contributes to normal DNA synthesis and is an antioxidant that contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative damage. Zinc is needed for a healthy reproductive and immune system, tissue renewal, skin maintenance, and healthy bones and teeth. Zinc is required to develop the skeletal system, nervous system, and brain function in the growing fetus.
- L-Methionine is an amino acid.
- Zinc is necessary for a sense of taste and smell.
- Zinc contributes to the normal metabolism of fatty acids.
- Zinc is required for the formation and activity of insulin.
- Zinc is essential for many vital enzymatic processes.
- Zinc helps maintain the function of the liver and the release of vitamin A
- Methionine is an amino acid with antioxidant activity.
- Methionine aids the metabolism of Omega-3 essential fatty acids.
- Suitable for individuals with poor digestion and low zinc status
- OptiZinc is not affected by dietary fibre.
Some studies have shown that zinc methionine exhibits a superior absorption rate compared with many other zinc forms. OptiZinc has demonstrated potent antioxidant activity which is almost equal to that of vitamin E.
Directions for Use
One capsule taken twice daily with food or as professionally directed.
Bulking Agent (Cellulose), Capsule Shell (Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose), Zinc Methionine (OptiZinc®), Anti-Caking Agents (Silicon Dioxide& Magnesium Stearate), Natural Vanilla Flavour.
Zinc 14mg 140% EC NRV, L-Methionine 34mg.